- Proposals for RDS Forums may be submitted at any time. Proposals must explore questions and themes from a disability studies perspective, and should have relevance to an international audience.
- Please allow up to 2 weeks from the submission of a proposal for a response from the Editors.
- Please contact the Forums Editor or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss and confirm your topic prior to submitting your forum proposal for formal review.
- After the forum proposal has received a full editorial review, prospective guest editors will be notified of the decision on acceptance.
- Forums Submission Form with guest editor affiliation, contact information, statement of experience with reviews, and a short CV (5 pages max).
- Proposed Timeline that describes the guest editors’ preferred schedule, and/or lists any potential scheduling conflicts (dates when the guest editors are not available).
- Call for Papers and Creative Works which includes a description of the forum, key issues explored and addressed, and the relevance to international disability studies. The call should include guest editor contact information. RDS reserves the right to request revisions to the call. Calls may request abstracts or completed papers and creative works. Guest editors should consider implications on timeline if accepting abstracts for uncompleted works. Sample paper, Aging & Disability Special Forum_Review of Disability Studies (July 9)
- List of Places/Networks/List serves where the call can be published. RDS will circulate the call. Guest editors are also encouraged to actively promote the call.
Submitting a Forum Proposal:
- Login into your RDS Open Journal Systems (OJS) Account or create an account at http://rdsjournal.org
- Visit User Home page and click on link [New Submission] link (see red circle below)
- Complete Step 1: Starting the Submission page select the following:
- Journal Section – Select “Forum” in the drop down menu (see red circle below)
- Submission Checklist – Check or opt-in all boxes (see red circle below)
- Copyright Notice – Check or opt-in into the one box (see red circle below)
Click the “Save and Continue” button (see red circle below)
- Complete Step 2: Uploading the Submission please upload your forum proposal.
- Click “Browse” button and select file from your computer (see red circle below)
- Click “Upload” button (see red circle below)
- Click the “Save and Continue” button (see red circle below)
- Complete Step 3: Entering the Submission’s Metadata page please enter or update your profile information for all required questions (Authors and Title Name).
- Complete Step 4: Updating Supplementary Files page, as an option, upload any additional files here.
- Complete Step 5: Confirming the Submission page, click the “Finish Submission” button to submit (see red circle below)
- Check your email associated with your OJS account for an email titled, “Submission Acknowledgement.” If you did not receive an acknowledgment email please contact RDS Journal at email@example.com
- All submissions to Forums must first undergo rigorous review by the guest editors. The RDS Forums Editor should be immediately notified of any works submitted which do not fall under the guest editors’ areas of expertise. This will allow adequate time to send for appropriate external review.
- As part of the initial review, each guest editor should include a decision, as well as detailed comments on the submitted work. Comments can be in track changes and comment boxes on the paper itself. Lead guest editors should prepare a summary statement highlighting the strengths of the article and areas for improvement, and a justification for the decision. Summary statements should be at least 250 words in length and may draw from the comments directly on the paper. Please see submission guidelines for review criteria at http://rdsjournal.org/index.php/journal/about/editorialPolicies#peerReviewProcess
- Following the first round of guest editorial review, guest editors will record their decisions and upload their feedback. Before notifying the authors, the Forums Editor and Managing Editor will review the papers and guest editor deAging & Disability Special Forum_Review of Disability Studies (July 9)cisions. To ensure a rigorous review and that submissions meet RDS quality standards, the Forums Editor and Managing Editor may request an additional level of review for papers. At this stage, artistic and creative works will be forwarded to the Creative Works.
Guest Editors Requirements:
- All Forums must have at least two guest editors, but no more than four. The designated lead guest editor is responsible for coordinating the initial review and preparing an overall summary statement on the initial decisions.
- Guest editors are expected to be professional and respectful in communications related to the RDS forum, at all points of the publication process: eliciting works for the Forum; responding to questions about the Forum; working with authors; preparing and delivering review comments and decisions.
- All submitted works, reviews and decisions must be treated confidentially, and papers should not be shared beyond the guest editors.
- Public forums should not be used to notify other editors or authors of decisions.
- Timelines for the Forum will depend on the journal’s publication schedule. The Managing Editor will work with prospective guest editors to develop a timeline as part of the Forum proposal review process. Timelines may need to be adjusted throughout the process to support quality forums and rigorous review.